If you can see my article, it will prove that your questions will not be a problem, because we are the manufacturer specializing in this area~
How about quartz? Of course, it’s good, but it’s also more expensive than ordinary glass ~ it’s laser resistant and UV transparent~
Some customers often ask about quartz glass
What’s the difference and performance? Today, Borisun Optics specially edited this article to answer:
1、 Quartz glass is a special industrial technology glass made of silicon dioxide. It is a very excellent basic material. Quartz glass sheet has a series of excellent physical and chemical properties, such as:
1. The softening point temperature of high temperature resistant quartz glass is about 1730 ℃, which can be used for a long time at 1100 ℃, and the service temperature can reach 1450 ℃ in a short time.
2. Corrosion resistance except hydrofluoric acid, quartz glass hardly reacts with other acids. Its acid resistance is 30 times that of ceramics and 150 times that of stainless steel. Especially its chemical stability at high temperature is unmatched by any other engineering materials.
3. It has good thermal stability, adapts to the extremely small coefficient of thermal expansion of the glass, and can withstand drastic temperature changes. If the quartz glass is heated to about 1100 ℃, it will not burst when put into normal temperature water.
4. Good light transmission performance. Quartz glass has good light transmission performance in the whole spectral band from ultraviolet to infrared. The visible light transmittance is more than 93%, especially in the ultraviolet spectral region, the larger transmittance can reach more than 80.
5. Good electrical insulation. The resistance of quartz glass is 10000 times that of ordinary glass. It is an excellent electrical insulation material. It has good electrical properties even at room temperature.
6. The average transmittance of the visible light part of the blank with the thickness of 10 mm of JGS1, jgs2 and jgs3 shall be greater than 90%.