Glass has been used in modern times and has always been a product with a large market demand. By using specific processing techniques, we can not only bring the characteristics of glass into full play, but also make up for its defects, which are no longer subject to the natural properties of glass. For example, laminated glass not only can provide thermal insulation, but also won’t splash and hurt people, making it safe and reliable. Polishing is the process of making the rough surface of an object smooth. Polishing powder must undergo strict testing before leaving the factory. What are the performance indicators that affect glass polishing powder?
1. Particle size of powder: It determines the polishing accuracy and speed. It is commonly used to determine the number of meshes and the average particle size of the powder. The number of sieved mesh can grasp the relative particle size of the powder, and the average particle size determines the overall level of polishing powder particle size.
2. Mohs hardness of powders: powders with relatively high hardness have a faster cutting effect, while adding some grinding aids can also improve the cutting effect; There are significant differences in different application fields, including their own processing techniques.
3. Powder suspension performance: Good powder requires good suspension performance of polishing powder. The shape and particle size of the powder have a certain impact on the suspension performance. The suspension performance of polishing powder with finer sheet shape and particle size is relatively better, but it is not absolutely right. The suspension performance of polishing powder can also be improved by adding suspension liquid (agent).
4. Crystal form of powder: The crystal form of powder is a single crystal particle agglomerated together, which determines the cutting ability, wear resistance, and fluidity of the powder. Single crystal particles agglomerated with powder are separated (broken) during polishing, resulting in a gradual decline in their cutting and wear resistance. Irregular hexagonal crystalline particles have good cutting, wear resistance, and fluidity.
5. Appearance color: The content of Pr in the raw material is related to factors such as ignition temperature. The higher the praseodymium content, the brownish red color of the powder will appear. Low cerium polishing powder contains a large amount of praseodymium (cerium praseodymium material), making it appear brownish red. The higher the ignition temperature of high cerium polishing powder, the more color it will appear, and the lower the temperature (around 900 degrees Celsius), the less yellow it will appear.
Hanzhong Borisun Optics Co., Ltd. also has certain research in the field of optical auxiliary polishing powder (cerium oxide). The annual output of glass polishing powder produced by the company has reached 40 tons. With the expansion of the market, the variety continues to increase, and the annual sales volume continues to rise, which is deeply welcomed by users. If you have any need, please contact us.